My Total: $155.00
My health and fitness journey started December 2018.
Through blood, sweat and plenty of tears I have not only added years to my life, but significantly increased my confidence and quality of life.
Through the Australian Air Force Cadets Flying Fit Program, I am committing to regularly training to complete a 5km run.
During the 9 week program, I will be raising money for Soldier On.
Soldier On is Australia’s only national fully integrated and holistic support services provider for our national service personnel and their families.
They stand side by side with all of Australia’s national service personnel, HELPing them to secure their futures – just as they serve side by side to protect Australia.
Our H.E.L.P. works across the following program areas:
- Health and wellbeing – psychology, social and sporting activities and programs services and service initiatives
- Employment Transition services, employment support, career development assistance
- Learning and education programs and vocational training
- Participation in social activities and programs focused on connections with family, friends, and the broader community, including volunteering and sports programs.
Soldier On HELPs individuals and families to be build their resilience and connection by standing side by side with you to:
- Find a job or new vocation
- Learn new skills
- Be healthy and well
- Strengthen your family relationships
- Connect to mates and community networks
- Continue to serve Australia
- Participate in community, social and sporting activities.
In my 33 years on this beautiful earth, never have I imagined being able to run 5kms. Actually run. Not walking, not shuffling, not jogging then taking a breather. Legit. Running. (hopefully a little more elegantly then how I would imagine Elmo running).
5km, Under 30 mins, raising $500.
So. That being said. Chip in, follow my progress, and celebrate with me and the amazing team at the Australian Air Force Cadets.